Easy Holiday Dessert: Strawberry Santas!
Now that the holidays are upon us, I’m not-so-secretly excited by the thought of eating holiday party food (cheese balls! peppermint bark! anything and everything fried! who can resist?!) but I know I need to not go too crazy if I want to feel like a normal person come January. I’ve been looking for recipes for easy holiday desserts that are healthy too, and these Strawberry Santas hit the mark.
First, they are super easy to make, so they can be whipped up in no time for any party. But seriously, let’s just get to what’s most important, which is looks – can you get over how incredibly cute these little guys are? How can you say no to these faces??
And (I guess this is the most important) – they are really yummy. The whipped cream and the chocolate sprinkles give the strawberries that little extra sweetness that makes it feel like you’re eating something really special. But it’s really mostly strawberry, so you can’t feel guilty about that – especially when they’re just 15 calories each!
- 1 package of strawberries
- 1 can of whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles
- Slice the stems from the strawberries and the tips from the strawberries (for the Santa hats).
- Dispense whipped cream, about 1 Tbsp, onto each strawberry base.
- Place the strawberry tips on the whipped cream to make the Santa hats.
- Place two chocolate sprinkles into the whipped cream to make the eyes. Use kitchen tweezers if you have them, since the sprinkles are small and will be easier to handle with tweezers.
- Dispense a tiny amount of whipped cream on top of each strawberry tip to make a pom pom for the Santa hat.
- Tip: Keep Santas in the fridge if you don't serve right away. Santas like the cold!